WELLCOME TO ABOUT BABY BLOG.. LETS TALK ALL ABOUT YOUR BABY !!!

Results

- SEARCH FROM DATABASE ON THIS WEB -

Monday 15 December 2008

Keeping Baby Safe - Two Minutes

When we were babies, our mothers were probably warned not to take us out for at least the first
two weeks of our lives. In today's hectic world, that would be a recipe for going absolutely stircrazy. The truth is, you and baby can and should get outside as soon as you feel able (although you might want to limit baby's exposure to others during the first month). We know a mom who took hers to Wal-Mart the day they got back to the hospital (granted, this was mom's third child and the older two needed to buy presents for a birthday party). That might be a little on the radical side for most of us, but it's good to know that newborn is now a strapping six-year-old and doing fine... and that mom's lifestyle did not radically change because of the family's little newcomer. Here we offer some tips for staying safe - even when you are out of the house...

Two Minutes
by Jeri Sires, Towel Buddies.com
Two minutes isn't very long. You can't do much in two minutes. Not much can happen in two
minutes. Not much can be accomplished in two minutes. Or can it?
Yesterday I accomplished a lot in just two minutes. I took the trash outside in just two minutes. I
responded to an email message in just two minutes. I started a load of laundry in just two
minutes. I made an important phone call in just two minutes. You see, you can do a lot in just two minutes. Yesterday, in two minutes, both of my sons swallowed half of a bottle of pretty pills they found. Yesterday, in two minutes, my niece fell into a swimming pool. In two minutes.
My husband said, "Weren't you watching the children?" " Yes," I cried, "I only turned my back for two minutes!" Two minutes. My boys are fine. My niece is lying in a hospital bed in a coma.
Two minutes turned into 4 hours of vomiting and a life hanging in the balance.

0 comments:

MORE ARTICLES